As Louise Herring-Jones, Amy Herring writes mainstream, historical, and speculative fiction as well as non-fiction. Her science fiction and light horror stories have been included in anthologies, most recently "Bloodhound" in Mirror Shards, vol. 2 (Black Moon Books 2012) and "Earl and Bubba Save the King" in Summer Gothic (Jared Millet, ed., 2012). Her steampunk story "Queen of Steam," set in the reconstruction South, will appear in Dreams of Steam III (Kerlak Publishing, forthcoming). She placed second in the inaugural SELTI Moundville-themed story contest and won the 2009-2010 Charlotte Writer's Club Board Prize for fiction. Her historic baseball article, "A Georgia Yankee: The Legend of Johnny Mize," appeared in the 2010 Maple Street Press Yankees Annual (Cecilia Tan, ed.). She practices law in Alabama and is an advocate for privacy rights, First Amendment guarantees, and other constitutionally protected freedoms. Visit her website at http://www.louiseherring-jones.com.
Recent Posts by Amy Herring
- Launch Pad: The Observable Universe and Beyond
- An Interview with Leanna Renee Hieber: Strangely Beautiful, yet Darker Still
- Read Assist: How Bar Flies and Baen Books Make a Difference
- Future Book: Dragon*Con Authors Hazard Predictions (Updated)
- Cosplay 101: From Dazzler to Robocop in Three Not-so-Easy Steps
- Dropping in on Dragon*Con: One Fan’s Solution
- An Interview with Les Johnson: "We WILL get to the stars!"
- Write a Story in an Hour, Really!
- Jewelry Designer Janet Cadsawan Captures Paranormal, Urban Fantasy Motifs
- Imagicopter Hovers Over Dragon*Con