We had a meeting with the mobile app developers this afternoon. Here’s the run-down:
For all app users:
- Guests/Panelists should now be linked to the Events they’ll be appearing in. If they’re still not on your device, do a refresh (see the app mini-tutorial if you don’t know how to do a refresh).
- Likewise, you should now have Maps.
- The last update may fubar your schedule. We’ve reported this to the devs. We’ve heard that folks have uninstalled and reinstalled the app to clear this up, but an uninstall/reinstall will wipe all the My Schedule data you’ve entered. (Update: 8/9 – We’ve identified the culprit. You still have to do an uninstall/reinstall, but it shouldn’t happen again…we hope.)
- Everyone asking about transferring/sharing your schedule information from one device to another, sorry. Seems like that functionality won’t be ready in time for Dragon*Con 2012.
- To see all the articles and information about the app from the Daily Dragon, click on the “Mobile App” category tag.
For Blackberry and Windows device users:
- Point your device to the Web OS version of the Dragon*Con mobile app: m.core-apps.com/dragoncon12
For Android/Kindle Fire users:
- For folks with Kindle Fires, seems that the app will NOT be available in the Amazon Appstore. Point your Fire to m.core-apps.com/dragoncon12 to download the app if you’re still waiting for it or see our workaround in the update to our “2012 Mobile App Available for Android” article.
- For other Android folks who still can’t find it in the Play Store: either email the app devs ( (email@example.com) support (at) core-apps (dot) com) or see our workaround in the update to our “2012 Mobile App Available for Android” article
- We’re aware of and have reported to the devs the crashes happening in the Events function on some devices. They’re looking into it.
- Ditto, we are aware of and reported the bug where starring an Event that crosses past midnight into the next day doesn’t appear on My Schedule. Ditto, they’re looking into it.
If you’re experiencing another bug or having an issue not covered here, please email the devs at (firstname.lastname@example.org) support (at) core-apps (dot) com.